Monday, October 4, 2010

My friend likes to do things alphabetically. Me...chronologically.

Hello, and welcome back fellow readers.  

I begun my blog by sharing with you the first book that began my obsession with all things paranormal, I find it only fitting that I continue my journey somewhat chronologically.

Although I do not have the memory or time to pay each and everyone one of the books I've read to this point homage, I will certainly try my best in sharing the ones who shaped my journey...

I may have had a problem with "borrowing" books and not returning them as you may have guessed from my last blog.  Well....I fell into the Night World hard after I stumbled across Secret Vampire (Night World)

A vampire book starring a Redhead?  I'm in! 

The dark story of Poppy and James' and their forbidden love was a book I will NEVER forget.  Very romantic story that as a young adult, had me searching for true love before I had even kissed a boy.  Needless to say, I took out every possible book I could get my hands on by L. J. Smith.  The Forbidden Game: The Hunter; The Chase; The Kill, had me wanting to name my first child Julian, The Secret Circle: The Initiation and The Captive Part I had me trying to convince my parents to move to New Salem, Massachusetts and Dark Visions: The Strange Power; The Possessed; The Passion had me CONVINCED I was psychic. 

These are the first books that started my collection, which didn't please my father very much when he had to pay the library an exorbitant amount so that I could take out books again.  I tried to explain to him that I loved them so much, I couldn't return them.  I don't think he really understood that one...

I was distraught when the series ended with Witchlight (Night World), leaving me wanting a conclusion desperately. 

Now, some 15 or so years later, with the ever growing popularity of Vampires, Shifters and Witches (oh my!), L.J. Smith has re-released some of her greats and is working on some different stories. 

I suppose the huge success of The Vampire Diaries: The Complete First Season might have had SOMETHING to do with that...

Either way, I have waited patiently for an ending to this series, and even though I may have "outgrown" these books, I'm a firm believer that you are NEVER too old for the YA genre.

No comments:

Post a Comment