Monday, April 14, 2014

The Undead Pool


The Undead Pool


OMG, I needed to write this review on the heels of news that the LAST Hollows Book will be releasing in September of this year.

Kim Harrison, why are you doing this to me?  I admit, I was reluctant to start the Rachel Morgan series.  I was really into super sexy paranormal reads and I actually started this book and put it aside for a brainless, steamy romance.  Good at the time, but in the end, I was still lacking so I picked up Dead Witch Walking and couldn't put the darn thing down until I finished.  Maybe it hooked me a little more because I love a redheaded heroine, or maybe it really got me because it was something different.  Whatever it was, it had me and I couldn't stop until I had more.

I purchased every released book in the Hollows series and read through them so fast my fingers were covered in paper cuts.  I was researching terms like 'Magnetic Chalk' and staying up late - I even called into work on a Tuesday because I didn't go to bed, only realizing I was still reading Rachel's tale when my alarm went off in the morning.  

The Undead Pool was fantastic, but a little bit sad.  You can see that Kim Harrison is moving towards the end.  Things are getting tied up, and there is a real finality in this book. 

I brought my Kindle to work the day of release, and don't think I got anything done.  I didn't even have any shame when my boss walked over and caught me deep in reading...I may have ignored her for a good 30 seconds.  In my defense, I may have been on Chapter 22.

All in all, another phenomenal book by Kim Harrison.  I'm thrilled I only have to wait until September for the next edition, but devastated it's the last one!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment