Monday, April 14, 2014

The King - JR Ward




So, I've been experiencing a real slump when it comes to reading and reviewing books on here.  I have been waiting and waiting for certain books to release, and unfortunately, with all the waiting, has come so much disappointment.

Ah, here we go.  Let me tell you my thoughts on The King by JR Ward.  Ok, BDB - I like them, they are a nice read, but they just don't grab me like they used to.  There are so many sub stories going on I feel like I can't even keep track of anything anymore.  I find myself skipping entire chapters because I just want to follow the main story.

Don't get me wrong, I really appreciate the world weaving going on, and the sheer amount of imagination that has gone into these books to create an in depth, rich, character filled world...however, it just sort of has been losing me.

Maybe this is a personal problem - maybe I'm in a deep depression because Kim Harrison is releasing her last book this year and I just find that nothing can really compare to her writing for me...

I loved Beth and Wrath in the beginning, and by beginning, I mean Dark Lover.  This whole book just seemed so predictable to me.  I don't want to give away anything, but even in the first few chapters, I had the ending all figured out.  I know this isn't a mystery novel, but come on, it's pretty clear where we are headed here with out main characters.  

Was it just me?  Ugh, on to the next one...


2 comments:

  1. Yea, I've read the entire BDB series and even I'm kinda on the fence about it. I'll get it, because I've invested so much time in it already but I'm just kinda "meh" about reading it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Desiree - I couldn't agree more!! I was really on the fence about making the purchase, but I have a compulsion to finish or continue each series I start. It took WAY TOO LONG for me to give up on Laurell K. Hamilton's Anita Blake and Merry Gentry series. This may have been the final book I read in the BDB. Thanks for your comment!!

    ReplyDelete