Tuesday, June 18, 2013

My Escape...

This will be the first post on my blog that really doesn't pertain to a certain book or genre.  This is a post about my love of books and where it stems from.

My imagination is pretty awesome, if I do say so myself.  I read books in my head using different voices, seeing characters take shape and how they interact.  With a good author, I really feel like I'm watching a movie rather than racing through 400 pages.  

I can't go to bed without reading.  I can't take a bath without reading.  I can't go anywhere with a wait time of more than 10 minutes without taking a book.  

Plainly said, reading is my escape.  When I have a bad day, I just sit back and immerse myself in someone else's life when I need to get away from my own.

Today has been one of those days, probably what prompted the post.

Off to book land.

2 comments: