Thursday, June 13, 2013

First Grave on the Right - Darynda Jones


I came across this title my mistake and I'm not sure if it was a happy mistake yet or not...

While stalking Karen Marie Moning on Facebook - one of my favorite hobbies, I came across a post stating that one of her characters was a finalist in a poll regarding super sexy men.  I feel as though I've read and fantasized about a good share of men from talented authors and I wanted to make my vote heard. 

I came to the poll, and it was Reyes (D. Jones) vs. Ryodan (K.M. Moning).  I felt I had a duty to do to the poll system by stepping into Ms. Jones' world and getting to know this 'Reyes'.  

I purchased First Grave on the Right (Charley Davidson, Book 1) for a good deal in the Amazon Kindle Store and began getting to know Reyes.

I couldn't help but roll my eyes every time the main charterer introduced her self as 'Charley Davidson'. I live in Wisconsin.  I can sneeze and hit the Harley Museum.  It just irked me, don't ask me why.

While I enjoyed getting to know the characters, loved the introduction to this new world and really appreciated a different spin on the Paranormal monster meets monster take, Reyes just didn't do it for me.  That being said, the book didn't do it for me.

Does that mean I stopped at the first one?  Of course not, I really hope this turns around and I can actually start rooting for Charley and Reyes.  Fourth Grave Beneath My Feet (Charley Davidson) is currently featured as my "Currently Reading" book, however FGonR did have me casting my vote for Ryodan...and I hated him, so that's saying something.

No comments:

Post a Comment