Friday, June 24, 2011

Hopping is HOPTASTIC

Book Blogger Hop

This Meme is hosted by Jennifer from Crazy for Books on Fridays. 

RULES:


Your blog should have content related to books, including, but not limited to book reviews.


1. Post about the Hop on your blog (feel free to grab the logo at the top of the post!)


Spread the word about the book party! The more the merrier!


In your blog post, answer the following question (new question each week!).

This week’s question comes from Elena who blogs at Books and Reviews! Thanks for submitting a question for our Hoppers, Elena! Be sure to visit her blog and tell her thank you!

“When did you realize reading was your passion and a truly important part of your life?”


Funny you should ask, Elena!  I was just talking about this with my sister-in-law at dinner tonight.

When I was a little girl, every year, my Mother and I would decorate the Christmas Tree together.  On the first night, after we finished, we'd turn off all the lights in the house except for the tree.  We'd lay on the floor, under the branches with our feet poking out and read The Night Before Christmas outloud, every night, until Christmas Eve. 

I think right there, that first memory of those cold winter nights, spent reading under the Christmas Tree, is when I realized I had a passion for reading and that it was also a truly important part of my life.

4 comments:

  1. Your blog is pretty too! what are you talking about! Look at all your pictures on the sides! Tell me how to do it!

    This is such a cute story! I can totally see you guys doing that <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Larissa Ione! I can't wait til her next release although I miss her demon series...great blog...just hopping through!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your answer! I sometimes forget about that, but my dad ALWAYS read me The Night Before Christmas every year and I so looked forward to it! So here's to great memories! I'm following you now, seems like we have a lot of the same taste in books (always nice to find a fellow Jenks lover!). Also I see Larissa Ione's book off to the side...love her books!

    Jamie @ Bookerella

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jamie and Nikki - Larissa Ione is AWESOME! If it wasn't for Straylights, I would have never had the pleasure of reading her books!

    ReplyDelete