This event is hosted by Small Review, it is meant to help new and old bloggers interact and share their experiences about what it's like or was like to be a new blogger. It's running from December 3rd to December 31st, and you can find all the information and how to participate here.
1. When did you start your blog?
October 3rd, 2010.
2. Why did you start your blog?
I LOVE to read, and my BFF Straylights had recently started her own blog...I admit...I was JEALOUS. I wanted EVERYONE to hear my opinion of recent books and to hear about some I should be reading!
3. What has been the biggest challenge you've faced so far?
Trying to get my blog out there so I can connect with fellow book lovers. I really didn't want to beg...but PLEASE, come see my blog! :-)
4. What do you find most discouraging about being a new blogger?
Not having ANY idea about what I'm doing. I didn't know how to do templates or enter pictures or even connect to other bloggers. I've learned so much!! It's also discouraging to not have many followers. I wish I could sign in one morning and have hundreds!
5. What do you find most encouraging?
Other bloggers stopping by and commenting on my blogs. It makes me feel special! Also, I read an advanced copy of Stone Kissed by Keri Stevens and she COMMENTED on my blog. I must admit, I felt like I had MADE IT at that exact moment.
6. What do you like best about the blogs you read? Have you tried to replicate this in your blog?
I love to read, and I love to discover new books that I haven't heard of or maybe didn't pay much attention to. I'm always looking for my next favorite author to add to my growing list. I also loved all of the book covers I saw in other blogs and started my own "waiting for" list after visiting quite a few who had them!
7. What do you dislike about blogs you've read? Do you try to avoid this?
I like to hear about books! It's awesome if you're doing a giveaway, or exchanging gifts in a secret Santa...and good for you, but I want to read about books!!
8. Do you have any advice for new bloggers?
Do it for you. Yeah, it gets frustrating when you only have a handful of followers, but those are the select few who get to enjoy what you have to say. Hell, I like to hear myself talk...and I sure like to read my own reviews! :-)
9. Anything else you'd like to share about your experience?
I love it so far. I'm really starting to discover the YA genre and can't believe how many things I had been missing because I categorized YA with "kids" books.
10. Is there anything you'd like to tell us about your blog?
Blogging for life. I love to read, that will never stop. So as long as I'm reading...I'll be blogging!! Plus...my blog is kind of amazing... :-D